Staff development is a key management challenge and objective to achieve company mission and objectives. Developing staff is complicated by the diverse background, education and experience of the team. Complexity is increased by the need for employees to work with a wide range of sophisticated computer applications and systems in order to conduct day-to-day operations.
Signs that indicate you may need a mentor include
- When you start looking forward to the weekend, and you need to bring back life-work balance to your life
- When you can’t afford to waste cash on mistakes
- When you don’t have the time to manage a board
- When you need to expand your network of business connections
- When you know that someone else has the answer to a question you are considering